Monday, December 1, 2008

Two days left


Today is December 1st, 2008.  I only have two days left of my thirties.  Wednesday I turn 40.  On one level it's not such a bad thing.  People who don't know me very well assume I am younger (maybe it's because I am so immature.)  I am in pretty good shape and I have most of my hair (although it has been thinning - and thanks A for reminding me about that.)  I have also been avoiding, up to this point, feeling particularly 40.  It does help that I started to enjoy running as much as I have so I have energy and have avoided injury.  But 40 isn't really that old is it?  

On another level I feel kind of sad.  It doesn't help that I am "celebrating" another decade and I am currently under-employed.  The hair on my head is thinning yet I am growing hair in areas I haven't before. (Nose and ear hair clipping is now a regular grooming regimen - sorry if that was TMI.) My kids are getting older, my mom retired and I like to watch the History Channel. Oh, well - there isn't anything I can do about it so I will just keep plowing ahead.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awwww 40, it's the new 30.

You are in better shape now then you ever were in your 30's, right?

So suck it. Enjoy the wisdom and knowledge this age gives you and embrace it.

To many more happy and healthy years!