Saturday, April 4, 2009

20 Miles - Check

What a perfect way to start a weekend. Run 20 miles. This was our first 20 miler of this training cycle and it went extremely well. We negative split the run and negative split the last six miles with the last mile being our fastest by a big chunk. It really shows our fitness level at this time is very good. Running for three hours wouldn't be complete without hilarity and pain. 

Since I have the Garmin, I keep track of the pace and the distance. As we are are getting very close to the end, I am starting to pull away from MS and LF just a very little bit (like 6 feet.) I am staring at my watch waiting for it to read 20.00 and calling out the distance. "19.95, .96, .97, .98, .99, 20.00. That's it."  From behind me LF yells at MS, "Don't stop yet! We have to run to Todd!" I think I heard MS roll her eyes.

When we got back to the car I announced that I was feeling a little bit a of a hot spot on my left heel. I jokingly said, "Let's see if this is a big bloody blister." Then I saw this!



I never get blisters - or never used to get blisters. Apparently I brought home some sand from the beach and it did a little work on my foot. Who knew? It really didn't hurt, just felt like I had a little rub in my shoe.

Needless to say, I had to do a little surgery when I got home. 

Look carefully, the needle is about a 1/4" in there.

That is a lot of liquid. No wonder I feel a little dehydrated.

Luckily, I don't run again until Tuesday. It should be pretty good by then. 

3 comments:

FLATOUT JIM said...

eewwu!!

Gross!!

Court said...

yes, gross!

But, great job on the 20!!

Charisa said...

ewwwwwwwwwwwww!