Friday, June 13, 2008

This Could Be a Long Summer

I certainly hope I have never made it sound like I think taking care of the kids is a piece of cake, but as I have found out in the last couple of days, it is damn hard work.  I am good with the day to day stuff - eating meals, getting dressed, teeth brushed, etc., but finding stuff to entertain them is hard to do especially when they have scheduled activities like tennis or swimming or soccer.  I am not a creative activity planner.  I feel guilty if they watch too much TV or play on the computer too long, but can't seem to find stuff for them to do to fill an hour or so between activities.

(Hold on a second, I have to hike up my skirt and touch up my lipstick.) 

There isn't a mother in history who has an ounce of sympathy for me, I know.  I certainly have to give A. more credit for keeping the kids occupied.  That, and I need to get a job soon, so I can get some rest.

No comments: