Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Preliminary 2009 Race Schedule (Revised)

The Twin Cities Marathon is 10 days away.  I am in the middle of my taper and my mind won't stop running.  Over the past few weeks I have been thinking about all I have done in the past nine months.  I have also been planning what I will shoot for in 2009 after I get back from my "training vacation" about the middle or end of December.  Following is the major race schedule I am considering and some preliminary goals for each race.  Might be some 5k races in there as well.  We will see how this plan fleshes out in the end.

January 24, 2009 - Securian Winter Carnival Frozen Half Marathon - Goal time: @1:45 - This will be a fun race with not much serious training.

May 2, 2009 - Wells Fargo Lake Minnetonka Half Marathon - Goal time: 1:35 - This is the warm up for Grandma's and would like to be running about ten minutes faster than last year at this point.

June 7, 2009 - Buffalo Sprint Triathlon - Goal time: 1:00 - 1:05 - Kick-off for the triathlon season.  I should be able to trim off some pretty significant time with much faster transitions (no socks this time), faster swim (no wet suit?) and way better bike.

June 20, 2009 - Grandma's Marathon - Goal time: 3:30 - This might be ambitious as I will be in the middle of triathlon training and will be pretty torn down, but, for now, I will give it a shot.

July 19, 2009 - Door County HIM Triathlon - Goal time: 5:00 - Shooting for a faster swim, much faster bike and another good run.

July 25, 2009 - Chisago Lakes HIM Triathlon - Goal time: 5:15 - This will be my first time doing this race and my second HIM in a week.  A daunting task to be sure, but I am a glutton for punishment. (I did DCT a week after Lifetime in 2008.)  Figure I will tack on 15 minutes to account for tiredness from DCT and unfamiliar course.

September 6, 2009 - City of Lakes 25K - Goal time: @1:45 - Another warm-up race.  This one for TCM.  

October 2009 - Twin Cities Marathon - Goal time: 3:25 (maybe 3:20) - This race could also be the Chicago Marathon or even New York (if I am gainfully employed.)

(All races and times subject to change based on financial constraints, training, health, etc.)

No comments: