Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Let the off-season begin

After struggling through two weeks of marginal running post-TCM I took Saturday off and got set for the off season.  I ran seven miles this morning at 8:40 pace and it felt comfortable and easy.  Now comes the good stuff.  Some people struggle with the off-season.  With nothing to train for they feel unmotivated.  I am excited because this is where the big gains come.  I don't have a race until mid-January, so I have from now until then to get totally healthy, get fully into the weight training and rededicate myself to the stretching/core work that I have been doing.  It will be challenging to work out in the cold, but I thought the same about working out in the heat and adapted to that.  Anyway, I am looking forward to the work.  Wish me luck.

No comments: