Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Not as tough as I think I am

So I do have a limit on running in the cold.  In a previous post I claimed that I would run in any weather at any temperature, but yesterday I couldn't make it happen, at least not in the morning when it was the coldest.  I got up and started getting dressed to run and then saw that the rest of the group had bailed and I checked the weather and it was dark and my bed was warm so I put the pjs back on and went back to bed.  I did go to yoga at 9:30 and then did go for a run at about 3:00.  It was still -6 with a -12 windchill, but at least it was daylight.  And it was fast.  9.77 miles at 8:29/mile average.  I am not sure where that came from but it felt great.  I did have a dehydration headache for a couple of hours afterward, but I am all better now.



Here is what I looked like when I got home.  Look closely and notice the jagged ice stalagmites threatening my eyes.  A was unimpressed.

No comments: