Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What the?

Walking the dog in the neighborhood this morning I came across this:
What the hell is this? There are so many things wrong with this I don't know where to begin. Let's start with the obvious. This is in someone's front yard. "Hey kids, why don't you build a fort out of every piece of crap you can find in the neighbors trash and put it in the front yard so they can see that their detritus has gone to a worthy cause. Oh, and here is the trunk from the Christmas tree, put that right in the middle." I am sure the neighbors love having this on their street. Manicured lawns are almost a prerequisite for residency. (BTW - I do not live on this street, manicured lawns are not a prerequisite on my street. I am unable to effectively manicure my Creeping Charlie, crab grass and dandelions.) The city probably wants its cone back. There is a lot of construction in this area right now. Public safety might take precedent over anchoring some pee-stained carpeting in your front yard. If you thought the Christmas tree was a fire hazard in the living room, someone is bound to light that somabitch to clear the block of this eyesore. But the worst part of this monstrosity can be seen if you zoom in and look really carefully. In the lower left corner. Yeah, there it is. Lying slightly apart. A poster. 24 x 36 inches. Nicely framed at - I would guess - Deck the Walls. But what is that poster depicting? Are those...it's hard to tell...no I think they are - POMERANIANS with BOWS! Because those dogs aren't irritating enough in real life, let's hang a larger than life poster of them on our walls. No, wait, let's get rid of that, it's faded from the sun. Oh, this "fort" isn't new. It's been around for at least five days. Winter really causes people to make poor decisions in this state. I need a nap.

2 comments:

Charisa said...

Oh plain and simple - that rocks! (And I have no idea what it is either)

FLATOUT JIM said...

There. You have it out of your system. Feel better now?

Kidding!!! Looks like garbage art. Maybe the residents are tapping into their creative side.