Monday, March 30, 2009

According to Plan as Planned

My Spring Break Training Plan is going according to plan (how lame of an opening sentence is that?) I did the open ocean swim just as I had planned. (I have now used my limit of the word "plan" and will not use it again in this post, even though I already went over the limit by just writing this sentence - Damn it!) It wasn't as long as I would have liked but the ocean is a bitch. First, there is the salt - it tastes terrible. Then, the waves - they never stop and I even got beyond the break and c) it's kind of chilly. But I did it. It was only about 3/4 of a mile and I was only out for about 15 minutes but, hey, somethings better than nothing, right? I wore my Garmin to keep track of time and distance. The map it generated is really funny - I am all over the damn place - see, waves. Overall, I actually swam pretty straight and parallel to the shore, but I have to say it is a little freaky swimming out there alone, even more so than in a lake. I will try again on Wednesday. Hopefully, it will be a little calmer and I will go longer and farther.

Tomorrow is a ten mile tempo run. I am anticipating quickness as I will be half dressed compared to running in MN and the route is flat as Kiera Knightly. Then we are going out to breakfast so the cleaners can come in. With three cups of coffee it could be the perfect morning.

No comments: