Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Truly Incredible Experience (and I haven't even raced yet)

In the space of about 16 hours I went from having a bike to race at IMWI to finding out that that bike has a broken frame and is unrideable to calling everyone I was even remotely acquainted with to find a bike to use to connecting with a couple of people ("TFY") who I've never met, but were willing to lend me a super sweet set of wheels (and a frame and components, duh) to being set up and ready to go. Expectations for the race are now out the window, not because I necessarily think the bike leg will go bad, but because the whole race might go better than I ever thought. I am overwhelmed by how unselfishly helpful everyone has been. I can't thank all of you enough.

OK - enough about that. I am totally racing an Ironman on Sunday!

1 comment:

RP said...

Good luck w/your race dude!!